Ideum seeks a full-time Janitor & Handyperson to keep our offices, studio spaces, and production lab clean and orderly. This position will replace our twice weekly cleaning service, so that is the primary purpose of the position. In addition, deep cleaning, washing of windows, pest control, and other tasks will be part of the position on less frequent basis. We have high expectations for a clean and orderly workplace. This position will require the use of cleaning solvents, although our company is committed to using non-toxic cleaning materials. We have 27,000 square feet of office and studio space located in three adjacent building at our Corrales locations.
In addition, we are looking for someone who can occasionally assist with a variety of other tasks. The ability to do very simple repairs, put up shelving, hang white boards or monitors, touch up paint, replace light bulbs, fix breakers, and other basic handyperson tasks would be helpful.
This position may require some flexibility in terms of when the hours are worked, so that cleaning can occur in way that does not disrupt other company work. We are looking for highly motivated person who can be part of our team at Ideum.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic reading skills
- Good verbal skills
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license and adequate insurance as required by state law
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and transfer items weighing thirty to fifty pounds
- Must be able to work independently
- Applicant must be willing to submit to a background check
This job is responsible for effectively and efficiently maintaining and enhancing the cleanliness and positive appearance of Ideum's buildings.
1. Sweep, mop, scrub, vacuum, and generally maintain floors, steps and other similar surfaces.
2. Clean, dust, and maintain furniture, desks, screens, white boards, door trim, and other similar surfaces.
3. Clean, wash, polish, and maintain windows, doors, mirrors, walls, and other similar glass, metal, and wood surfaces.
4. Clean and sanitize restroom fixtures.
5. Empty waste containers, and pick up and dispose of interior trash, litter, and other similar debris.
6. Check and maintain adequate bathroom and other supplies needed in the normal use of the building.
7. Perform “deep cleaning” projects (floor stripping, and waxing, cleaning hard to reach fixtures and surfaces, etc.) on a scheduled basis.
8. Assist various teams at Ideum with receiving materials, setting up gear for events, moving or organizing stock items.
9. Ability to pick up supplies or components locally using the company van.
Ideum (www.ideum.com) develops custom multitouch and HCI exhibits for museums, nonprofit organizations, and socially responsible companies. The firm has worked on custom software and hardware projects with some of the world’s top museums such as: Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum, The Field Museum, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry (Chicago), Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, SFMOMA, and more. In addition, Ideum has worked with Fortune 500 companies and iconic brands such as: Apple, Adobe, Coca-Cola, Boeing, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Union Pacific, and others. We are an internationally recognized interactive design firm located in Corrales, New Mexico.
How to Apply
Please respond via email and include relevant examples of your work (URLS) along with a cover letter and your resume. Please: NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes full health benefits, Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance (after 90 days). Also included is a company-matched 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan (available after one year of employment). Pay is based upon experience.