Ideum designs and creates multitouch hardware and software products along with dynamic digital exhibits for museums, non-profit organizations, and socially responsible companies. We are an internationally recognized interactive design and development firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). We've been in the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in the US twice in the last three years. Please see our portfolio and product site to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com
We seek a full-time Exhibit Technician who can help our group that assembles and supports multitouch tables and custom exhibit installations. We are looking for a detail-oriented, precision craftsperson who can help us build the highest quality integrated computer systems, such as our multitouch tables. Candidates must have PC systems experience, experience working with basic tools, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience with electronic systems is a strong plus.
We seek a highly motivated individual who can help with all aspects of our table production from building to QA to support. The right candidate might be also be asked to help with inventory, ordering, and logistics, so strong organizational skills are needed.
We also need help with technical documentation, email and phone support, so strong writing and communication skills are required. As a relatively small company (40+ people) that is fast growing and have a diverse set of products and projects, we need someone who is flexible and has a diverse skill set.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Skilled in building electronic and computer systems
- Computer skills, experience with Windows and other OS
- Experience with specialized AV gear, a strong plus.
- Experience with Google Docs other Office software
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with electrical systems
- Experience with electronics, a plus
- Experience with inventory and ordering systems, a plus
- Experience with shipping and logistics, a plus
- Experience with technical documentation, a strong plus
- Understanding of networking and components
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to use a variety of shop tools
- Experience with wood working, a strong plus
- Experience with support via phone or email, a strong plus
- Experience in IT, a strong plus
- Experience in fabrication, a strong plus
- Advanced computer skills, a strong plus
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world, a plus
- Engineering and/or physics background, a plus
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes health benefits (after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also included is a 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan (available after one year of employment)
How to Apply