Ideum designs and creates create exhibits that evoke wonder, awe, and surprise, but that also tell important stories about science, art, history, and culture that have a lasting impact. We are committed to creating visitor-centric interactive experiences of substance delivered in immersive and exciting ways. We do this through software, custom hardware, and audio visual design and development.
Ideum also designs and produces multittouch tables and large touch displays. We've sold our products in more 40 countries around the world to a wide variety of clients. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). Please see our website to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com
We seek a Workshop Intern who can help our group that assembles and supports multitouch tables and custom exhibit installations. We are looking for a motivated individual who enjoys working on mechanical and computer-based systems. This is a paid, fall Internship which will end on December 21, 2018.
Candidates should bring some basic knowledge of woodworking tools or computer-based systems. Ideum has two main workshops, one that uses traditional materials and another where we build our touch displays and multitouch tables.
As a relatively small company (just over 50 people) that is fast growing and have a diverse set of products and projects, we are always seeking flexible and motivated individuals to join us. While the position is an internship, there are possiblities for advancement.
Applicants should have all of the following qualities:
- Professional attitude, strong work ethic
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Applicants should have atleast some of the following qualifications.
- Experience with shop tools and woodworking
- Experience building computer systems
- Computer skills, experience with Windows and other OS
- Basic understanding of networking and components
- Experience with Google Docs other Office software
- Experience with electrical systems
- Experience with electronics
- Experience with phone support
- Experience with documentation
This is a fixed term, paid internship that ends on December 21, 2018.
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples. No Phone Calls or Walk ins please. PLEASE NOTE: *Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.