Ideum designs and creates create exhibits that evoke wonder, awe, and surprise, but that also tell important stories about science, art, history, and culture that have a lasting impact. We are committed to creating visitor-centric interactive experiences of substance delivered in immersive and exciting ways. We do this through software, custom hardware, and audio visual design and development.
Ideum also designs and produces multittouch tables and large touch displays. We've sold our products in more 40 countries around the world to a wide variety of clients. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). Please see our website to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com
We seek a full-time Exhibit Fabricator who can help our group that designs and develops custom exhibit installations. We are looking for a detail-oriented, precision craftsperson who can help us build the highest quality exhibits and cabinetry,.
Candidates must have experience with wood working tools. In addition, experience with basic tools, and excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential.Experience with shop tools including CNC, plasma cutter, mill, would be helpful. PC experience is helpful but not required. Our new line of touch displays can be integrated into wood and other materials.
We seek a highly motivated individual who can help with all aspects of fabrication. We are fast-paced company with high-expectations, we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. As a relatively small company (with 50 employees) that is fast growing and have a diverse set of products and projects, so the best candidates are flexible and have a diverse skill set.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in fabrication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with electrical systems
- Experience with wood working
- Ability to use of shop tools
- Skilled in building computer systems, a plus
- Computer skills, experience with Windows and other OS, a plus
- Experience with Google Docs other Office software, a plus
- Experience with electronics, a plus
- Experience with inventory and ordering systems, a plus
- Experience with shipping and logistics, a plus
- Experience with technical documentation, a plus
- Experience with support via phone or email, a strong plus
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world, a plus
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes health benefits (after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also included is a 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan (available after one year of employment)
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples. No Phone Calls or Walk ins please.
Job Type: Full-time