We seek a full-time Media Systems Technician who can help our Creative Services group with unique AV exhibit installations. We are looking for a detail-oriented, and highly motivated individual who can assist in our video wall, projection-based, and other AV-related installations.
Candidates must have Audio Visual systems experience, PC computer skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated experience with sound mixing and design, video and projection, and other related skills are important. Experience with microcomputers and electronics is a strong plus.
We are a fast-paced company with high-expectations; we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. Our media systems group collaborates with the rest of the Creative Services team and our hardware and fabrication groups, so strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills are required. As a relatively small company (around 50 people) that is fast growing and has a diverse set of projects (and unique products), we seek individuals who are flexible and have a diverse skill set.
We create meaningful experiences that use emerging technologies. Our approach is to create exhibits that evoke wonder, awe, and surprise, but that also tell important stories about science, art, history, and culture that have a lasting impact. We are committed to creating visitor-centric interactive experiences of substance delivered in immersive and exciting ways.
We work with museums, educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and other entities throughout North America and around the world. Our firm provides design services, custom software development, media systems design and installation, and custom fabrication.
Our multitouch tables and touch walls are practical implementations of recent advances in multiple areas of emerging technology. Our hardware products are built to be used in social environments where they encourage interaction and collaboration. We take pride in what we design and build, and we focus on reliability and performance to create products that last. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). Please visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com.
- Experience with AV equipment
- Audio mixing and/or design experience
- Computer skills, experience with Windows and other OS
- Basic understanding of networking and components
- Experience with Google Docs other Office software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute to documentation and written proposals
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with support via phone or email
- Experience in IT
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- Experience with Christie, Barco and other projector systems
- Experience with electronics
- Experience with Creston Systems
- Experience with electrical systems
- Experience with inventory and ordering systems
- Experience with shipping and logistics
- Experience with technical documentation
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes health benefits (after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also included is a 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan (available after one year of employment)
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples. No Phone Calls or Walk-ins, please. PLEASE NOTE: *Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Your application was submitted successfully.