Ideum designs and creates create exhibits that evoke wonder, awe, and surprise, but that also tell important stories about science, art, history, and culture that have a lasting impact. We are committed to creating visitor-centric interactive experiences of substance delivered in immersive and exciting ways. We do this through software, custom hardware, and audiovisual design and development.
Ideum also designs and produces multitouch tables and large touch displays. We've sold our products in more 40 countries around the world to a wide variety of clients. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). Please see our website to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com
We seek an Exhibit Tech Intern who can help our group that assembles and supports multitouch tables and custom exhibit installations. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and who can help us build the highest quality integrated computer systems, such as our multitouch tables.
Candidates must have PC systems experience, experience working with basic tools, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience with electronics, electrical systems, 3D printing, and/or shop tools including CNC, plasma cutter, mill, and woodworking tools is a plus.
We will help teach the right person not just how to assemble our touch tables, but they will learn the basics of technical documentation and product support, so strong writing, and communication skills are required. As a relatively small company (around 50 people) that is fast growing and have a diverse set of products and projects, we need someone who is flexible and has a diverse skill set.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Skilled in building computer systems
- Computer skills, experience with Windows and other OS
- Basic understanding of networking and components
- Experience with Google Docs other Office software
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with electrical systems, a plus
- Experience in fabrication, a plus
- Experience with electronics, a plus
- Experience with specialized AV gear, a strong plus.
- Experience with inventory and ordering systems, a plus
- Experience with shipping and logistics, a plus
- Experience with technical documentation, a plus
- Experience with support via phone or email, a plus
- Experience in IT, a plus
- Advanced computer skills, a plus
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world, a plus
- Engineering and/or physics background, a plus
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes health benefits (after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also included is a 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan (available after one year of employment)
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples. No Phone Calls or Walk-ins, please. PLEASE NOTE: *Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
This is a fixed term, paid internship that ends on August 1, 2019.