We seek an AV Technician ( who can help our Creative Services group with unique media exhibit installations. We are looking for a detail-oriented and highly motivated individual who can assist as we develop integrated media-based exhibits, including video walls, projection exhibits, custom touch tables, kiosks, and other AV-related installations.
Candidates must have basic Audio Visual systems experience, along with PC computer skills, as well as excellent communication skills. The position may require travel as we conduct installations at top museums, zoos, and other locations around the country. Experience with projection, video walls, and other related technical skills is important. Experience with IoT, microcomputers, and electronics is a strong plus.
We are a fast-paced company with high expectations; we seek someone who is as passionate about the work as we are. This position is in our Creative Services group, which works closely with outside partners (other design firms, architects, and even other AV companies) and other groups within Ideum, so strong collaborative, writing, and interpersonal skills are required. As a relatively small company with a wide range of different types of projects, we seek individuals who are flexible, enjoy working closely with others, have a diverse skill set, and are willing to expand their skill-sets and areas of expertise.
We create meaningful experiences that use emerging technologies. Our approach is to create exhibits that evoke wonder, awe, and surprise, but that also tell important stories about science, art, history, and culture that have a lasting impact. We are committed to creating visitor-centric interactive experiences of substance delivered in immersive and exciting ways.
We work with museums, educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and other entities throughout North America and around the world. Our firm provides design services, custom software development, media systems design and installation, and custom fabrication.
Our multitouch tables and touch walls are practical implementations of recent advances in multiple areas of emerging technology. Our hardware products are built to be used in social environments where they encourage interaction and collaboration. We take pride in what we design and build, and we focus on reliability and performance to create products that last. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and an hour from Santa Fe). Please visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.ideum.com.
- Experience with AV equipment
- Experience with technology installations, including projection
- Computer skills, experience with Windows and other OS
- Basic understanding of networking and components
- Experience with Google Docs other Office software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute to documentation and written proposals
- Available to travel for installations, must be able to lift 50lbs
- Occasionally available on off hours for installations
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with electronics, IoT devices, etc.
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- Experience with low-voltage systems
- Experience with electrical systems
- Experience with IT systems
- Audio mixing and/or design experience
- Experience with support via phone or email
- Experience with inventory and ordering systems
- Experience with shipping and logistics
- Experience with technical documentation
Benefits and Incentives
After 90 days of employment, this position includes paid time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, critical illness and accident insurance, life insurance, and short-term/long-term disability. Employees are eligible after one year of employment for our 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan.
Equal Opportunity & Eligibility
Ideum, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodations in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
How to Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples. No phone calls or walk-ins, please. NOTE: *Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Your application was submitted successfully.